Urbex report Kentschool. History and information about the Kentschool. The Kent School was originally established by monks in the 14th Century. The Order of the Franciscans arrived in 1909 to start their monastery. They took care over 600 male patients that where mentally and physically handicapped and had learning disabilities. The inhabitants worked on the farm and in the numerous workshops. Their activity ended and the last of the brothers left the house on 23rd May 1939 when nazis moved into the building in the Second World War.512 of the 600 patients got killed here under regime of nazi doktor Georg Renno. After the second world war the English have taken up residence in the former Nazi monastery. Until 1963 wounded soldiers were nursed here, after that it became a boarding school. The place got abandoned in 1992.